What poetry workshops do you offer?
- Tales of the Unexpected — bringing surprise into your poetry;
- All Lies! — encouraging the imagination;
- My Life As … — monologues in the voice of non-human subjects;
- The Street Where You Live — writing poems about places;
- Beyond Burns — exploring and writing poetry in Scots;
- A Good Old Story — writing ballads;
- Shaping Up — writing shape and concrete poetry;
- More Than Just Cherry Blossom — writing haikus and tankas.
- Portfolio building for Higher and Advanced Higher
What can you cover in Scots sessions?
- Roots and Shoots — history and status of the language;
- Screivin it Doun — spelling Scots and using Scots dictionaries;
- Yer Ain Tung — writing your own Scots glossary;
- Say it in Scots — vocabulary building;
- Speakin Oot — writing your own work in Scots.
What CPD sessions can you offer?
- Poetry Writing — learn some tricks and tips to get pupils writing and even write some poetry yourself.
- Scots Language — increase your awareness of Scots issues and Scots materials for the classroom.
What longer projects have you been involved in?
- Bo’ness Academy (2008-09) — a six-session Scots poetry writing project with an S2 class. The focus was on creating poems that celebrated Bo’ness. Forms used included: haiku, tanka, ballad and shape poems.
> Back to Schools Events