I am passionate about poetry and the Scots language. With my drive and enthusiasm, I want to foster a love of Scots and poetry. What I do is about much more than Burns and I have something to engage all pupils, not just the top sets. I am flexible, collaborative and keen to work in partnership with you. My sessions are tailored to meet the needs of pupils and teachers.
What do you offer?
- Scots language sessions
- poetry readings and workshops
- a combination of the two
How do you work?
- one-off workshops or longer projects
- periods as a writer in residence
- help to set up and run writing clubs
- support for pupils entering writing competitions
- CPD sessions for teachers
What kind of resources do you use?
- smart board and traditional white/blackboard
- text, audio, music and visuals
- wide range of contemporary and traditional poems and songs
- resources that engage secondary school pupils
Who do you work with?
- willing to work with any secondary age group
- whole classes or small groups
- interested in cross-curricular working for longer projects
> Back to Schools Events